Sunday, January 30, 2011

I think I broke my dog.

We went hiking on a new trail today. I really need to get a pedometer, because I have no idea how far we went. Since it was Sunday and in January I let her off leash several times.

I let her off first to photograph a little waterfall. While I am composing the shot I hear a splash. Spinning away from the camera I look and Vivre has launched herself in to the creek. It is January. Granted it was a nice day, but still that water had to be frigid. I got more pictures of her today then of the scenery. Though there was motion blur in a lot of them.

Finally we found this great little beach. Just a strip of sand, but with calm water and full sun. Once again she dove straight in to the water. Since I had a little floating frisbee in my bag we played with the frisbee. When I tossed the frisbee in the shallow area near where I was sitting she hit the water so hard going for the frisbee that she got water up her nose. She got back to land, dropped the toy and snuffed the water out. She did finally start to get cold, so I just tossed the frisbee on the little beach until she dried off. However I think all that running combined with the hiking up and down has actually worn her out. I didn't think it could be done. But once we got home she curled up in the chair next to mine and fell asleep. I'm actually a little worried. I am not sure I have ever seen her this tired before. If I have it doesn't happen often. I will have the pictures up soon.

No comments: