Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Not a drama queen

When Vivre was little I used to refer to her as Sprite's little drama queen. She was prone to screeching at the smallest thing. Apparently that isn't the case any more. Since I live way out in the middle of no where about once a day I take Vivre out of the yard and let her just run. She can get lots of excercise in the yard, but she can really open up and go when I let her out. She tends to run full out then start launching herself on and over obstacles. Those last pics I put on flickr are of her puppy zoomies. Anyway after her zoomies I was about to take her and turn her out in my aunt's excerise lot with my aunt's hound when I looked down and realized that my arm was covered in blood. Vivre has cut her pad going over something. It didn't even slow her down. No yelping, no limping, no evidence it even bothered her. It bothered me. There was a lot of blood.

Now I realized that I need to train her to accept doctoring. She was not happy with the wipe I pulled out of the first aid kit. Not at all.

She worries me some, this same day when she was launching herself over the picnic table she miscaculated and whacked her leg. She worries me. She still has puppy bones and she isn't even the slightest bit careful. When she is worked up I have to walk her down the steps or she lauches herself off my four foot high porch. Apparently all of her siblings are the same way. As soon as she gets old enough that I don't have to worry so much I plan on setting up some safe obstacles for her to launch herself over. I swear she jumps like a cat.

No comments: