Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ick! Cold.

So the last couple of weeks has been filled with below freezing temperatures, snow and ice. Even with four wheel drive there have been days that I had to walk food and water up the hill to the wolfdog habitats. It has so not been fun. Because of the very cold weather I haven't let Vivre stay outside at all. She has basically only gone outside to go to the bathroom and then right back inside. Truthfully it didn't even occur to me until yesterday that Vivre should have been bouncing off the walls. But despite the very limited outside time she has been very easy. Our training has been limited to heeling around the house and playing with a hula hoop. Both sending her out to stand in the hoop and sending her running through it.

She has hit the buster cube around the house, but other than that has been very mellow the last few days. Of course today she finally got to spend some time outside running and playing.

Oh, most of the time when Vivre meets new people we are in places where they are crowds or it is somebody who she has previously met, so while I had noticed that the last few times she has met somebody new she has greeted them happily. My brother was in for Christmas so I arranged for him to meet me and Vivre as I was coming in the door. It was the first time that I didn't hold Vivre back, I just let her go. She launched herself at him, at full speed. I finally had to go to his rescue. So she hasn't greeted a stranger with suspicion since she was very young. The weather is going to improve. Which means that I am really going to have to start tracking. We have worked maybe two tracks. I need to get on that, I just hate to do it in this weather. Though I know eventually I will have to track her in all kinds of weather.

No comments: