Monday, April 11, 2011

Agility

I went to watch an agility lesson where I think I will be taking Vivre for training. My plan had been to start privates, but the private instructor was in tonight's class and suggested doing a class first so I don't waste private time with how-to's. There is a AKC agility show this weekend I might go to. I haven't been to see AKC agility. 

I think agility is something Vivre will enjoy and everybody in the class tonight kept talking about how much fun it is, so it will certainly be more fun than working on schutzhund obedience all the time. I found a neat Natural Pet Store (yes that is the name) that has high quality kibble and frozen pet food as well as toys and healthy training treats that is conveniently located next to a human health food store.

I think my old hound mix will be moving back in with us. This wouldn't be a problem except that the last two times she has been here Vivre has launched herself on her back and refused to let go. I don't get it as Aradia lived here up until four months ago. I did get her to lay next to Aradia the last time she was here, but it was an active "down," rather than a relaxed "Okay we have worked this all out." Luckily she doesn't hurt her and Aradia never even gets her teeth close to Vivre so it is something that hopefully can be fixed by simply getting their status worked out.

No comments: