Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Show Visit

I need to stop writing this blog when I am tired or in a hurry. Every time I go back it seems choppy. Oh well.

I was only able to make it to the last day of the show over the weekend because of rain. Our road has started to flood when we get a hard rain, feel my annoyance. I never really paid that much attention to agility before Vivre. I thought it looked cool, but my dogs were all too old or had old injuries that kept it from being an option so I just never really got in to it. So my real introduction to agility was through Sprite pups. Mostly seeing videos of Thrill and Tilt and a few of Pico. I didn't truly get how impressive these dogs were on an agility course until this weekend.

It seemed to me to be a very small show. There were only two rings going one JWW and one Standard, and a lot of the people seemed to know each other. I went primarily because I wanted to get a feel for the environment. I have very high standards about how I expect people to behave around dogs and with groups of dogs and I was pleasantly surprised. I can only think of two instances that caused me to raise my eyebrows. Well one that caused eyebrow raising and one where I just thought WTF are you thinking!

Basically though I had a good time, I got to see responsible dog owners, which is a rarity in my life at times, and I decided that it really did look like a lot of fun and something that Vivre and I would love to do.

Oh I forgot I ordered Agility Right From The Start and while I just got it in yesterday it seems to be a well written and logical book. I'll review it when I get done, but so far I like it better than either of the other agility books I have.

No comments: