Saturday, September 19, 2009

No Brakes

Wow, I can't believe it has been so long since I updated this blog. I don't remember if I mentioned, but when we got back from the beach my hard drive was dead. So I haven't been doing too much computer while I debate getting (another!) new hard drive or a new computer.

Anyway, I thought I'd just get a quick update written. Vivre has lost her brakes. When she was younger and would come charging at me I never worried because she always stopped. The bruises that are no doubt forming on my calves as I type are evidence that those days are long gone. I had her outside with me and she was doing her speed demon puppy zoomies when she comes charging at me from behind, slams in to my calves and almost knocks me on my butt. If I hadn't been so worried I'd land on her I'm not sure I would have managed to right myself before I went down. After a horribly busy few weeks involving two visitors to the refuge and 18 relatives from out of town we are finally getting back to training. I'm more focusing on CU excersises than obedience since we aren't showing for a while any way and even my TD who believes in motivational foundation still uses corrections and e-collars so I would like to have a strong self-control foundation. I don't have a firewire port on my computer, but I will try and get some video of her as soon as my aunt gets her computer fixed and I can use it to upload the files.

No comments: