Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Not Much Going On

There hasn't been too much going on, though today we went to my Mom's mechanic's house. He was replacing some mount that would only take a minute so Vivre and I went along. I made a discovery and now I feel like an idiot. Vivre does her charge and bark routine at kids. I hadn't noticed because she doesn't do it with children she is familiar with or if she in engaged. The trip to the falls, she started to do that to a group with a kid, but minutes later she bounced passed two girls and then had a boy run right past her face with nothing but a glance. But while we were just walking by the first kid, Vivre was just walking. By the time we came across the two girls she was trying to figure out how to get across the water without getting wet. And we had just finished a training session with the boy so she was more focused on me than him.

It hit me today when she ran and barked at the mechanic's younger son. It was a good trip though since she paid no attention to the noisy equipment and the boys and I played tug with her. The younger son was very good. I only told him once to let me hold the tug while she grabbed it, then I would pass it to him. And from that point on he would hand it back to me to restart the game.

I have also noticed that she doesn't like to be separated from me. Tonight though she was particularly bad. I left her with my dad and ran to take a shower while I was there. My dad kept her for me, she whined the whole time. Then when I went downstairs and he eventually let her go to follow me because she was choking herself so badly. Again if you keep her busy she does okay. Tess took her and played with her at the barn while I was busy. So I need to work on her staying calm as I leave and I need to find more kids.

No comments: