Tuesday, July 21, 2009

EEK! What a Weekend

This last weekend I was sick all day Saturday. I couldn't hardly get out of bed. Vivre was actually very good. I truly expected her to be a total wild child since she wouldn't be getting the work or play that she normally gets. And she was, but not nearly as bad as I expected. For most of Saturday Morning she just laid in bed with me. By the afternoon however she had to do something with all that energy. Every time one of the cats would move she would fly off the bed. I was sick, tired and irritable and ready to do her bodily harm. Really though as soon as the cats moved away or laid down and ignored her she would come right back to bed and settle right down.

Of course that energy doesn't just disappear because she stayed calm. Sick or not I had to work the Fair horse show that night. Which meant she was crated for around seven hours. My aunt came over and let her out for a bit, but said she was still revved when she put her back up. Just as she was still revved when I got home after midnight. Again wouldn't have been a problem except I had to get up early to go to club practice the next morning. I let her play for a bit, but she still wasn't happy when bed time came.

Sunday Morning I get up way too early and start our drive. The schutzhund club practices at a park a little over an hour away. I am not a morning person, and our training director has been out of town a lot since I got my puppy. I haven't made it for tracking before which was in another part of the park. So I get there thinking practice has been canceled and I left before I could get the email. No big, I have a hyper puppy and a relatively strange place to train. We start doing downs all over the (thankfully) small park. Of course I realize that my bending over to deliver the hand signal has become part of the cue (Duh! Becky) and start working on fading that. She does very well, never misses a down and I can almost stand completely straight. So we get ready to go, I get in my car.

My keys are gone. I haven't owned this new car long, maybe a week and a half. Haven't gotten extra keys made because the key has a chip and I haven't caught the locksmith in yet. This is bad. The only key in existence to my car is lost somewhere in the park. We get back out and start retracing our steps. This would be a good time to point out that my key chain is a small green rope horse halter, that blends well in the grass. Thankfully as we are walking Vivre's nose goes straight to my keys. Of course she then dismissed them as not of interest and went on, but she did point them out. So I am going to try the locksmith again this afternoon and see if I can get a copy made. I really hope he is in.

There is one thing I found amusing. Our Schutzhund club meets at a public park instead of having our own field. While we were doing bitework on Sunday a car pulled in to the parking lot. I was a little amused since after sitting in the car and watching for a few minutes they turned around and left. I guess seeing a GSD swinging by it's teeth on some guys arm wasn't what they were expecting when they came to the park.

No comments: