Sunday, July 26, 2009

Honey

Sometimes my animals are so smart they scare me. Vivre and I were on the way to my grandparent's house to pick up something. Vivre was laying quietly in the backseat, which is usually what she does when we are in the car, so I didn't think anything of it. Then I heard the licking sound. I sort of glanced behind me and saw she was licking something up from the car seat. Then the smell of honey filled the car. I had left the brand new jar in the car so I could take it to my parent's house. I had driven all over town and up and down bumpy country roads and the lid stayed on, but it apparently couldn't survive the force of nature known as Vivre. I was close to my grandparent's house so I went on. When Vivre jumped up on to the front seat I saw that all four legs were completely covered in honey and she was leaving little foot prints every where she walked.

I got her out of the car and tied her to a tree in the front yard while I went to get a bucket so I could wash her and my car seats. When I came back out my aunt, Dyan, was hosing Vivre off for me. Funny since she hates tubs and pools, but loved the water hose. Even after she was clean Dyan stayed out there with the hose just so she could watch Vivre attack the water.

I had to clean my car seats twice and then pull them up to get the honey that had drained in to the carpet, but it did get all cleaned up. Thankfully this car has those pseudo leather seats. I have only had it about three weeks, my last car has fabric seats. Those never would have come clean.

I am still trying to figure out how she managed to get the lid off that jar.

No comments: