Thursday, May 14, 2009

New Toy

I discovered a new toy for Vivre last night. My cats were just neutered and were getting ready to fight last night. I grab the spray bottle and head for the cats. They are very tenacious and once they get started the only options are to lock them in separate rooms, keep them separated for a while or spray the crap out of them. I am working on Go to your Mat with them so I can play LAT while they are looking at each other, but truthfully I am hoping that the surgery will help. Anyway when I got the spray bottle out Vivre went nuts. She kept trying to jump up and grab the bottle. We even got some nice puppy heeling with the bottle as a reinforcer. Of course she was soaked by the time we were done, but she had a blast.

I also forgot to mention yesterday that she is consistently laying down in her crate and waiting until I release her before she breaks out of the crate. She always breaks once when I start to open the door, but usually only going in to a sit before she catches herself.

I think one of the cats finally nailed her this morning. I was checking my email, heard a yelp and turned in time to see her going backwards in to a slide away from a cat who was just sitting there with a mean look on her face. She stayed away from her after that.

No comments: