Monday, May 4, 2009

Trip Home

Ok, I picked up my puppy last night. When the paperwork is done she'll be Sprite's Joie de Vivre. It poured. A friend brought Vivre back when she went to pick up her puppy, so I just had to drive to her house. The roads were flooded. I can't count the number of times that we lost traction on the road. She was a trooper though. I gave her a chicken leg to chew on during the ride. It took about 10 minutes before devoured it. She whined some, but settled down when I started to sing. I think it had less to do with any real musical talent than her wondering what that noise was. ;-)

I let her run around some when we got home. It didn't take her long to get comfortable and start bouncing around my older GSD mix, Yoda. The cats mostly ignore her, but she really wants to play with them too. She gets a little too rough, and the cats end up getting up high to get away.

It was late and I was pretty tire, but I didn't want to lock her up again so I let her lay in bed with us. (Us being me, Yoda and Apollo) We dozed till about two when I took her out. When she came in, she was revved and my hair was far more attractive than her toys. So I figured it was time to put her in the crate for the night. Well she whined a little than settled down. I look in to check on her and she was trying to eat the pillow in her crate. Sigh. At 2:00 am I can't find anything that I am not worried about her chewing up and swallowing so out she comes. She actually slept well almost all night, only occasionally waking up when a cat would jump on to the bed in front of her face.

She is stretched out on my pillow taking a nap. I'd kind of like to join her.

No comments: