Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Training

I am not getting the training done that I would like. There was a family emergency so I was having to take care of my aunt's five dogs plus the two extra she was watching for a friend. But so far we have worked on eye contact, sit, name recognition, calm behavior around the cats and some work on out. I am getting a sloppy puppy sit, but she is a puppy:-) I had a great puppy training plan all worked out, but I am going to adjust it to work on some Control Unleashed exercises. I don't want to waste that wonderful puppy brain, but I want to make the most of her socialization window and want to play a lot of Look At That. There are much worse things that she could learn now than new things are an opportunity to get a click and treat. I am planning on taking her with me to the feed store tomorrow and back to the barn. Hopefully we will get some more training done.

No comments: