Thursday, May 14, 2009

Progress

We finally got targeting today. I haven't really put effort in to targeting, though it is usually the first thing I train. With Vivre it was a little challenging since if you something if front of her face her first reaction isn't to touch or sniff it. Her first reaction is to bite it, and she is quick. I finally abandoned target sticks and just used my finger. She only grabbed my hand a couple of times. She now gets the idea though. She only grabbed my finger twice today, and that was after several correct repetitions.

We also worked on confinement, I put her in the x-pen, I put her in the crate, I laid in the bed and napped in the crate. She hardly made a sound. She whined half the night last night. My fault I am sure. I will not take a whining dog out of the crate, but I have waited until she calmed down and laid down and then taken her out and let her sleep with me, or just not crated her and let her sleep with me. Now I think she figures there has been a mistake and she isn't supposed to be in the crate, she is supposed to be on the bed. She is just reminding my that I am a bad person and have forgotten her in the crate.

Vivre discovered the litter box today. As I was pouring new litter she came up behind me and decided to catch the falling litter with her mouth. Apparently litter is fun, since I had to block the box off after she decided to go digging for buried treasure. We have very different definitions of treasure. I think she is growing on me, and mostly in the legs. It seems she gets taller everyday.

No comments: