Saturday, May 23, 2009

Vivre update

First congratulations to all the K-litter puppy people.  I hope everything is going well for you and your new babies. 

I took Vivre down to the falls today. She didn't get car sick, which kind of surprised me, since it is a very curvy road and I was driving and started to get car sick. I know this is probably really sad, but I had no idea it was Memorial Day weekend and it was going to be so crowded.  I think the only time I have ever seen so many people there is during the moon bow.  She wasn't crazy about the water, largely avoiding it and jumping over puddles where possible.  She eagerly climbed rocks, chased leaves, jumped downed trees and picked up sticks to cart around with her for a while. 

She went up to everybody who payed her any attention, and shockingly enough everybody spoke to me before they started petting her.  I told Denise yesterday that everybody I have had Vivre around has always let her approach them and despite the crowds that held true today. But to be fair we were walking fairly briskly unless somebody stopped me to ask about Vivre.
I got
   2- Look at that German Shepherd puppy
   1- That pup looks part wolf
and a whole lot of "What kind of dog is that?  Huh, I've never heard them."

The only time she seemed nervous was when we had just gotten out of the car and were walking toward a family by a car.  She reacted in typical Vivre fashion and went to the end of the leash and squared up, but as soon as I said "come on," she came right to me and walked passed them with a quick drive by sniff. 

She got to visit with a wide variety of people, some old, some young and some very very young. As well as some wearing interesting and scary hats.  (Well they scared me anyway.)  There were also several motorcycles there.  The first time one buzzed pass she quickly moved to the other side of me, but by the second one was headed toward the end of the side walk to get a better look.  She also had a boy run right past her, but she just gave him a quick glance and then dismissed him. 

After spending an hour in constant motion, from one end of the park to other she was finally slowing down. Apparently not that slow however since as we were leaving we were stopped by a woman who commented on how she was so full of puppy energy.  She did pass out in the car for a full fifteen minutes before we got to my parent's house and she started her puppy zoomies again.
                                                                                                                                                               Becky


-- http://lifewithvivre.blogspot.com/

No comments: